Investing is one of the basic components of wealth building. At Personal Dividends, it is but natural that a great focus is being placed on investment topics. Whether you are just starting to save and invest, learning to invest, looking to craft a personal investment strategy, or are interested in advanced investing analysis, portfolio growth, capital preservation or other investment strategies, you will find information and ideas here that addresses many different facets of investing that will help you become a better investor.
Value Stock Investing
- Value Investing
- Stock Picks
- Stock Newsletter
- Stock Bargains
- Stocks To Buy
- How to Make Money in Stocks
- Small Cap Stocks
- stock market
Investing for Retirement
- Retirement Planning – Plan now for a prosperous retirement
- Preparing for Retirement – Interview with author Craig Israelsen on what are the most neglected aspects of retirement planning
- Retirement Planning Mistakes – These 5 mistakes can set your retirement back significantly
- Bad 401K – What are your options?
- Roth IRA Conversion – Thinking of converting your traditional IRA to Roth IRA in 2010? You need to know these 6 important facts
- Spousal IRA – Stay at home parents can still establish an IRA account for their retirement savings
Saving for Kids College
- 529 College Savings Plan – 529 investments for kids college are great for not only saving for college but also make a great estate planning vehicle.
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts – Coverdell education savings account or education IRA are another good way of saving for college. Know that Coverdell contribution limits may be changing in 2010
- What is an Annuity – What is an annuity and how does it work? What are different types of annuities? What are their advantages?
- Fixed Annuities – How do fixed annuities work?
Personal asset allocation is a key investing principle. There are many different ideas or “rules” on best way to allocate assets in investing.
- Asset Allocation Rules, 10-5-3 rule – Describes the 10-5-3 rule of asset allocation
- Investment Strategy by Age – Age based investing proposes that you need to adjust your asset allocation towards more conservative investments as you grow older. But is this always the right strategy?
- Investment Strategy Based on Age may Hurt You – There, we said it. Although it is a mantra oft repeated in the personal finance circles, historically there are many instances where this strategy does not work
- Investing in Bonds – Bonds add stability to the portfolio and also offer modest growth potential
- Are Bonds Safe Investments – What are the risks? Which bonds are safer?
- Treasury Inflation Bonds – TIPS are indexed to the rate of inflation and aim to provide returns that keep pace
- Investing in Municipal Bonds – How risky are municipal bonds? Can you lose principal with a municipal bond? Why invest in munis?
- What is Income Investing – How do you invest for income? What are different income investing strategies?
- Dividend Investing – Investing for dividend income is a passive way or receiving income and growing your portfolio at the same time.
- Our Dividend Stock Picks for 2011 – We looked for the best dividend stocks positioned to prosper in the coming year
- DRIPs Investment – Are DRIPs the best way to invest as the economy recovers?
- DRIP Investing for Kids – DRIPs are ideal to get the kids into investing. What are the best DRIPs for Kids?
- Investing in Stocks – Critical advice for a new investor in the stock market from a variety of finance blogs
- Is it Time to Buy Stocks – Or should you stay on the sidelines?
- Down Stock Market – Is it a boon or should we despair
- Contrarian Approach to Stock Market – When fear rules the markets, it may be the time to invest
- Stock Broker – Should you rely on one for investing advice?
- Reality of Stock Brokers – They are not really trained to give you the best investment advice
- Donating Stock to Charity – Know the important tax advantages
- Dollar Cost Averaging and Value Averaging – DCA is good strategy for disciplined investing. Is Value Averaging a better strategy?
- Fundamental Analysis – Learn the basics of fundamental analysis
- Technical Analysis – Technical Analysis or behavioral investing (also known as charting) is a method of trying to predict the future movement of stock prices (or markets or indices) based on past behavior.
- Young People, Invest Aggressively – When you are young, time is on your side. Not only you have more time for your investments to compound, but you can afford to make mistakes and have less responsibilities to handle.
- Selling Stocks in a Panic is a Bad Idea
- Donating Stock
Mutual Funds and ETFs
- How to Invest in Mutual Funds – You can start investing easily with mutual funds. They also offer a less risky way of learning how to invest.
- Fund Style – If you invest in mutual funds, you have no doubt come across the mutual fund style box. What do they mean?
- Commission Free ETF – Many brokers are now offering commission free etfs. We investigate if it is worthwhile to jump on the bandwagon.
- Low Cost Index Funds – Index fund investing offers cheap diversification and easier investment management
- Should You Choose a Mutual Fund or an ETF? – Compares and contrasts these two popular investment pools
- Separately Managed Accounts – SMAs are an innovation that offer the diversification and thematic investment style of a mutual fund but also the flexibility and tax efficiency of individual stock selection
- Buy to Let Properties – Buying properties to rent it out can be a great strategy for long term wealth creation but you need to be aware of these golden rules to make it work
Investing Analysis and Strategies
- Cyclical Investing – Markets and economies move in cycles. How do you invest and take advantage of these ups and downs in the market cycles (not the same as market timing).
- Financial Risk Tolerance – A good investor knows how much risk he can tolerate. What is your personal risk tolerance? How do you manage your financial risk?
- Safe Investment Strategies – How do you manage risk in your retirement portfolio?
- Capital Preservation – Assets that help you preserve your investment capital
- How to Save and Invest Money – Even if you have little money to invest
- Common Investing Mistakes – Everyone makes these mistakes sooner or later. Avoid these investing mistakes and you will be ahead of the game.
- Investing Websites – These websites are a must for any serious investor to keep track of the markets and get new investment ideas
- What to Invest in Now – Market volatility and economic upheavals rule the roost. What are the most promising investments for the future?
- Inflation Investment Strategies – Investing during inflation requires care and planning
- Investing in Economic Recovery – How do you position your portfolio to take advantage of economic recovery from recession?
- International Investing – Should you consider investing internationally if you are worried about inflation in the United States?
- Investing in Emerging Markets – Why invest in emerging markets? What is the best way to do it?
- Socially Responsible Investing – You can invest with your “values”
- Do Not Pay Too Much Attention to Financial Media
Other Types of Investments
- Commodities as Inflation Hedge – When the asset prices are getting inflated, it stands to reason that commodities will perform well. However, beware of the commodities trading risk.
- Forex Trading Basics – Forex or Currency trading can be very rewarding but is also fraught with risk. Know what you are getting into.
Other Investing Resources – External
- Investment Firms and Exchanges – Arizona State University Libraries
- Finance and Investing – Belmont University Library
- Agricultural Commodities – University of Illinois
- Study of Financial Regulations – Notre Dame Mendoza School of Business
- Various Financial Links
- Commodities Research
- Financial Astrology
- Selected Investment and Finance Resources – Mr Modem